My Children Are Normal
Benson and Grant make me laugh everyday. They are either best friends or worst enemies. I have been reading the book "So You Want to Raise a Boy" by Cleon Skousen. I highly recommend it, it makes me feel so much better. As crazy as they are, they are normal boys. The book describes them to a 'T'. This is not the type of book you read from cover to cover though; you read it one stage/age at a time. One day I was feeling a little discouraged when I came home from playgroup, where I felt like I spent the whole time trying to explain why he was acting so, so, out of control; yelling at his friends, "Your not coming to my party!" (Ok, his b-day is not until June and I've already decided he is not having a friend b-day party). He has been getting up in the middle of the night at then going back to sleep in a chair next to the fire place. This book addresses these issues and more. Imagine that! My child is normal. I am not failing as a mother. Grant is a little fire cracker that explodes and makes a mess all over non-stop, but he is tuff. Benson can hit him as hard as he can and Grant just takes it, then looks at him like, "ok, you win."
Benson will be starting preschool this year. I have had a lot mixed feelings about this and would appreciate input or thoughts. I guess I assumed everyone did preschool and that's just what you were supposed to do. But the more I talk to other parents, the more I realized it is not a necessity nor is it a big deal. Academically, he doesn't need it. He knows all his letters and the sounds they make (we are still working on writing them), he knows all his colors and shapes. I want to put him in preschool because from the time he was 2 he talked about going to school and still does. I think he gets kind of bored and it may just be because it is winter and there's not a lot to do when you are limited to playing inside. So I am curious if you went to preschool or if you put, or plan on putting your child in preschool. Do you think it is a standard thing?
Belly shot
Here's your belly shot, mom. Sorry the picture got a little distorted somehow. I am 27 weeks and 1 day. I am starting to feel the pounds now. An hour of walking in the mornings will make me sore for almost the entire day. I am so happy my ribs aren't hurting, though, I am not sure if it is because this is the 3rd and everything is just stretched out now (which I hope is the case) or if I am just not quite far along enough yet to feel the pain. We are naming him Porter, maybe Brigham as the middle name (after Josh's Grandpa). Almost everyday Benson says, "I am so 'canxited' (excited) for Porter to come," or "Mom, where's Porter?" We are in for the long run now, but everything so far is great.
The Latest Project
I am now addicted. The top is all sewn together now, I am just afraid to start the next part. I talked to a "quilting queen" who seemed to think I could stitch the top, batting, and bottom together with my sewing machine. Is she crazy? I am still not sure. Do you know of anyone who has attempted to stitch a king size blanket on a normal sewing machine? I know if I hand stitch it that I had better just plan on it taking me a year. There is one little mess up on the quilt though. Can you find it?
Josh is busy getting good grades. Very busy and very good grades. I am so proud of him. I am really looking forward to a break next semester when he will hopefully have an internship. Please keep us in your prayers that he will actually get one. He's applied, so all we can do now is wait to hear back. Everthing is so competitve now that I don't think his good looks and charm will do it. That is why I am glad he has the grades to go with it.


